2021.8 Update: The 5% cashback feature will be removed as of Aug 27. You can only earn 1% cashback on all purchases afterwards. HT: DoC.
2021.5 Update: It seems this card is discontinued.
2019.7 Update: There’s no Foreign Transaction Fee (FTF) on this card any more. BTW, the new 5% category for Q3 is travel.
- $150 offer: earn $150 statement credit after spending $1,200 within the first 3 months.
- Earn 5x ABOC points each quarter on purchases in rotating categories, and 1x point on all other purchases. Activation is required. The bonus categories in 2021 are:
- The value of the ABOC points depends on how you redeem them. They are worth slightly less than 1 cent/point in general.
- When redeeming for statement credit, the value is fixed 0.75 cents/point. $25 minimum.
- When redeeming for gift cards (including Amazon, Albertsons, etc.), the value is 0.77~0.93 cents/points. The detailed redemption options are: 3,250 pts = $25; 6,250 pts = $50; 10,750 pts = $100.
- When redeeming for travel, the value is fixed 1 cent/point. The travel items can be booked using a combination of rewards points and charges to your ABOC card. A minimum of 15,000 pts for flights or 5,000 for other travel must be used if combining points and card charges.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- Only first $1,500 purchases per quarter on bonus categories can earn 5x points, after that you can only earn 1x.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
This is a new 5x card on rotating categories. It is similar to Chase Freedom, Discover it and US Bank Cash+. The value of the ABOC points are slightly less than 1 cent/point in general, and the redemption is more complicated than a pure cash back card. However, the bonus categories for each quarter are very useful. Therefore I think one more 5x card is worth considering.
Historical Offers Chart