Amazon Prime Rewards Visa, $200 Bonus for New Cardholders (Jul. 1-29)
Amazon announced its Prime Day dates for this year. It will be a two day event on July 12-13. As it’s usually the case, we will see many deals leading up to the big event. And one of those is an increased offer for the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. You will receive a $200 bonus when you apply during the promotion, instead of the usual $100. This offer is for Prime members (affiliate link) only. Check out the details below.
- From July 1 through July 29, Prime members get a $200 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
- No annual fee.
Cardmembers with an eligible Prime membership can earn 6% back at Amazon and Whole Foods Market on Prime Day and 5% back year-round, plus 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back everywhere Visa is accepted. Here are all the card details:
- 5% Back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market with an eligible Prime membership (3% without Prime)
- 2% Back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores
- 1% Back on all other purchases
- Get up to 25% back on select items with an eligible Prime membership.
- Redeem your points when you shop at Amazon.com at 1¢ each. You can also redeem for cash back, gift cards, and travel.
- No foreign transaction fees
- See more details here (affiliate link).
This is the best bonus for the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards cards. $200 for a no fee card is a decent bonus in general, especially considering that you don’t have to complete any spending requirements to earn it. But there are definitely better options for no-fee cards out there, such as the new Chase Freedom Flex.
But the Amazon Prime Rewards card can be useful for those who shop on Amazon often. It earns 5% at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market (6% during Prime Day and up to 25% back on select items). You need a Prime membership to earn 5%. The Amazon.com account you are signed into when you apply, is used to determine if you are eligible.