Amex Blue Cash Preferred, New $400 Bonus Available Through Referrals
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred offers the best rate for supermarket purchases. You can get 6% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. You also get 6% on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% on transit and gas. The card also usually has a decent welcome bonus. Now the bonus has gotten even better. You can get $400 when you spend $3,000. While the bonus is now $100 higher, the annual fee is not waived. This offer is showing up publicly for most people, usually on mobile. It is also available through referrals.
- Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card and receive $400 Back after $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR applies.
- Annual Fee: $95 (Rates & Fees)
- Credit needed: Good/Excellent
- APPLY NOW (referral link)
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Applying for the Card
The welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fees are not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. American Express may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fee eligibility. If you’re not sure if you’ve had that card in the past, here’s how to check.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. You can combine the application with a charge card though.
This Amex Blue Cash Preferred $400 welcome bonus is the highest we have seen I believe. But with the annual fee not waived the first year, is almost in line with the usual $300 bonus that we often see publicly. The same offer is showing up through referrals, which makes every Amex welcome bonus much better. The person referring you can also earn up to 30K points.
If you complete the spending requirement at supermarkets, this bonus gets even better since you earn 65 cash back. After spending $3,000 you would get the $400 bonus and $180 in cash back for a total of $485 after paying the $95 annual fee.
The $400 bonus is not showing up for everyone though, so it’s best to try it out on a mobile device. Let me know if it works for you.
Keep in mind that there’s also a Morgan Stanley version of this card that have the same bonus and benefits, plus one addition. You get a $100 statement credit every year after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Rates & Fees.