2022.6 Update: The new offer is 60k.
2022.4 Update: There’s only 50k offer now.
2021.5 Update: There’s a 60k + first year annual fee waived offer, HT: MeiKaGongLve. You are supposed to ask your flight attendant for a 6 digit code and enter it in the landing page, but it seems you can enter any 6 digit code such as 999999 and go on with the application.
2021.4 Update: 60k offer is back.
- 60k offer: earn 60,000 AAdvantage Miles after the first purchase within the first 90 days. The recent best offer is 60k & first year annual fee waived.
- We value AA Miles at 1.6 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 60k highest sign-up bonus worth about $960! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- New: Get up to $25 back as statement credits on inflight Wi-Fi purchases every anniversary year on American Airlines operated flights.
- New: Each anniversary year, earn a Companion Certificate (good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees)) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Earn $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars when you spend $25,000 on purchases each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $99 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year. ($95 annual fee before 2019.5)
Recommended Application Time
You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.[Update] Despite what the term says, actual data points show that you can still churn this card if you close the previous one.
- Barclays value the number of recent hard pulls a lot, we recommend you apply when you have less than 6 hard pulls in the past 6 months.
- [6/24 rule] Similar to Chase 5/24 rule, Barclays will reject your application if you have 6 or more new accounts in the past 24 months. Note that this is a soft rule for Barclays.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
- Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
The 60k sign-up bonus is very generous, especially you can get the bonus by simply making just one purchase! It is quite decent offer if you want to accumulate AA miles.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator (no annual fee version)
It’s not always allowed to downgrade a Barclays credit card. It is targeted.
- Click here to check Barclays application status.
- Barclays reconsideration backdoor number: 866-408-4064. Barclays tends to ask various questions and you must know all the answers about personal information and credit report. Besides, you may get HP again, but will be informed in advance. Therefore, think carefully before calling.
Historical Offers Chart