Barclays Hawaiian Card, New 80K Miles Welcome Bonus
Barclays has an increased bonus of 80,000 miles for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard. The bonus is now 10,000 miles better than last time, but you have to pay the annual fee. Let’s take a look at the details of this offer, and the benefits this card provides.
- Earn up to 80,000 bonus HawaiianMiles
- Earn 60,000 bonus HawaiianMiles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
- Plus earn 20,000 bonus HawaiianMiles after spending a total of $4,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
- Annual Fee: $99
- DIRECT LINK TO APPLICATION
- Receive a one-time 50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America
- 3x miles on eligible Hawaiian Airlines purchases.
- 2x miles on gas, dining and eligible grocery store purchases.
- 1x mile on all other purchases
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounted award travel
- Get $100 companion discount each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- Share Miles allows you to send and receive miles from family and friends through HawaiianAirlines.com, without a fee.
- No foreign transaction fees
Using Hawaiian Miles
The value of Hawaiian varies, but you can get great value on award travel to Hawaii. It costs 40,000 Hawaiian miles for a round trip in economy class between the continental US and Hawaii, and if you have this card it costs only 35,000. That’s a value of almost 3 cents a mile. But the issue with that valuation is availability which is pretty scarce. Another good use of Hawaiian miles is for inter-island award flights in Hawaii. They cost just 7,500 miles one-way. But on average miles would probably be valued at around 1 cent each.
Now HawaiianMiles never expire, so you can redeem them anytime. See all partners here.
The value of this Barclays Hawaiian card 80K bonus will mainly depend how valuable Hawaiian miles are for you, but you should get around $700 worth of value in the first year.
Check out the award charts and familiarize yourself with the program so you can decide if this is the right card for you. Some useful redemptions include 35K miles roundtrip for Economy and 40K miles one way in First Class from Continental U.S. to Hawaii. You can also fly intra-island for 7,500 miles.
The business version of this card has an even higher bonus for a total of 90,000 HawaiianMiles.