Chase United Quest Card Review
Chase and United Airlines have released a new co-branded credit card called Chase United Quest Card. The card is not completely new actually. We already wrote about it before and it has already been an option for product changes for eligible Chase United cardholders. But now the card is also available for new applications. There is also a big bonus for loyal United flyers. Let’s get into this Chase United Quest review, and check out the welcome bonus and the benefits available for cardholders.
Update: This offer ends tomorrow on 9/22/21.
Chase United Quest Welcome Bonus
This is a limited-time launch offer. New customers can earn both or either of these tiered bonuses:
- Earn up to100,000 bonus miles
- 80,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months your account is open
- Annual Fee: $250 (not waived)
- LEARN MORE
- 3x points per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other travel purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on select streaming and restaurant purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Other Benefits
- Up to $125 in statement credits for United purchases charged to your card each anniversary year.
- Up to 10,000 miles back. Get 5,000 miles back for each award flight per year (up to two). Based on cardmember year, not calendar.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit.
- Free first and second checked bag.
- Priority boarding and premier upgrades on award tickets.
- 25% statement credit on purchases made using the card onboard United operated flights
- Up to 3,000 premier qualifying points (PQPs) per year toward Premier status (up to and including Premier 1K)
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles, so you can fly without travel date restrictions
- No foreign transaction fees
- Exclusive cardmember benefits with the Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection
- Travel and purchase protection benefits
Chase United Quest Card Review Wrap-up
If you are a United Airlines frequent flyer, you can definitely can benefit from the generous welcome bonus offered offered for the new United Quest Card. This new product comes with a $250 annual fee, but there are several benefits that will help you offset it, besides the welcome bonus which is worth $1,000+. You get up to $125 in statement credits for United purchases and up to 10,000 miles each year for award flights. That’s over $200 in value.
The earning rates for the card are nothing to brag about though, especially for a card that comes with a $250 annual fee. You can earn 3x points on United purchases and 2x points on travel and select streaming and restaurant purchases. You can usually do better with other card on those categories.
So while you should think about better options going forward, for the first year, this card provides tons of value. Just keep in mind that this is a Chase card and it falls under the Chase 5/24 rule.