Non-affiliate disclosure: all information about the this card have been collected independently by US Credit Card Guide and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
2022.3 Update: The new offer is 100k. Offer ends on 2022.4.13.
2021.8 Update: The higher offer is expired. The current offer is only 60k+$100.
2021.6 Update: The new offer is 95k+$200! Offer ends on 2021.08.25.
- 100k offer: earn 100,000 Miles after spending $4,000 in first 3 months. The recent best offer is 95k+$200.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.3 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 95k+$200 highest welcome offer is worth about $1,435! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, you’ll receive a Companion Certificate each year just for renewing your Card. With this Certificate, you can invite someone special to fly with you on an eligible round-trip domestic flight. If you use it properly, it is worth about $500 and it is easy to cover the annual fee.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on hotels and Delta purchases; 1 mile per $1 spent on other purchases.
- Earn 1.5 miles per dollar on single eligible purchases over $5,000 (that’s an extra half mile per dollar), up to 50,000 additional miles per year. (This is the main difference from the personal version.)
- First checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Enjoy the right to priority boarding Delta Flight fly.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- Status Boost: earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔ Fee Credit.
- [New] Cell phone protection: get up to $800 per claim and 2 claims per year in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for phones listed on your monthly cell phone bill when you pay it with your eligible credit card. Deductible $50.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offer, which usually offers very good discounts at some stores, such as: spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Refer a friend: You can earn 5,000 or 10,000 bonus Delta miles for every approved account you refer, up to 55,000 Delta miles per calendar year.
- $250 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
DL Companion Certificate Rules
- You can only use the companion certificate on Delta flight only (including Delta connection, Delta shuttles)
- You’ll need to buy your tickets at least 14 days in advance with a minimum 3 night stay
- You must book seats in fare class L, U, or T (discount coach class) only
- You and your companion must fly the exact same itinerary
- Taxes and Fees apply to the companion ticket
- Companion certificates can be transferred，but are not eligible for upgrades
- If you cancel a companion itinerary, you won’t get the certificate back
- You’ll earn miles on the paid ticket, but not the companion ticket
- You must use your Platinum Delta SkyMiles card to pay for the tickets
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
Only one AmEx credit card can be approved in a day. This rule does not apply to charge cards, you can be approved for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day.Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but again, this rule does not apply to charge cards.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, not including charge cards.
The welcome offer is quite good.
Related Credit Cards
Recommended Downgrade Options
- You can not downgrade this card to any card with no annual fee, so I suggest you close it when you don’t want to keep it any longer.
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart