Earn Extra Membership Rewards on Everyday Spend with New Amex Offer
Check your American Express credit cards for a new offer that can earn you more Membership Rewards points on everyday purchases. These offers vary from one account to the other. You can find this offer in your Amex consumer and business credit cards. Check out the details of the offer below.
Get 4,000 Membership Rewards® points by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $4,000+ in one or more eligible transactions. Once you add the offer to your eligible Card, you will have 90 days to spend $4,000+ or more, up to 3 times during the offer term.
Other versions of this offer include:
- Spend $2,000, get 2,000 Membership Rewards® points
- Spend $1,000, get 500 Membership Rewards® points
- Spend $8,000, get 4,000 Membership Rewards® points
- An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card within 90 days upon saving the offer to your Card in accordance with these terms.
- Each time you make one or more eligible purchases totaling at least $4,000+, you will receive 4,000 additional Membership Rewards® points, up to 3 times.
- Cash advances, balance transfers, other fees and charges such as interest, annual fees and foreign currency conversion fees are not eligible transactions and do not qualify for this offer.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts in two forms. Either as a statement credit or extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer. Check out this quick way to add all offers at once.
With these new Amex Offers you can get an extra point per dollar spent on everyday purchases. Some of the offers only give you an extra 0.5X.
I saw this offer on my Amex Gold card, and it works out great for me. I just received a retention offer on that card that requires $2,000 in spending. So I’ll spend an extra $2,000 to also take advantage of the Amex Offer.
Keep in mind that you only have 90 days to complete the spending once you add the offer. But this should be a good time to get it done with the holiday shopping. The spending can be completed in one or more transactions. So you don’t have to make one $4,000 purchase.
Let me know what offers you see, and on which cards.