New Quicksilver Cash Rewards Secured Card
- Capital One has released a new credit card, designed for building credit and earning cash back: Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- The Quicksilver Secured is very much like the original Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card (Review), but it’s made for people with poor or limited credit.
- Key features include:
- 1.5% cash back for every purchase
- Security deposit: Minimum $200, with a maximum of $1,000–$3,000, depending on creditworthiness
- Credit line increase: You may be automatically considered for a credit line increase in six months, with no extra deposit needed.
- Annual fee: $0
- No foreign transaction fee
- Upgrade to unsecured card: With responsible use, like paying your card on time, you may qualify to get your deposit back and be upgraded to an unsecured Quicksilver card.
- The Quicksilver Secured is one of several valuable new secured cards that offer rewards; others include the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa® Secured Card, U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa® Secured Card, and Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card.
- See more secured credit cards, or get tips for building your credit.
Higher Rewards and New Benefits for Chase Southwest Credit Cards
- Chase has upgraded its Southwest line of credit cards, with higher rewards for most cards and new benefits all around.
- The upgrades include:
- An extra 1X point per dollar for Southwest purchases, for all cards except the Plus (Rapid Rewards partners still earn the same rate as before)
- New bonus category for all cards: 2X points per dollar for local transit/commuting/rideshares
- New bonus categories for the personal cards: 2X points per dollar for internet/cable/phone services, and select streaming
- All cards except for the Performance Business now get 25% back on in-flight purchases
- All cards except for the Plus now earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points toward A-List status per $10,000 spent, with no limit (formerly limited to 15,000 TQPs per year)
- The Performance Business and Premier Business now get a $500 annual fee credit for point transfers to other Rapid Rewards members
- The Plus card and the Premier cards (both personal and business) now provide two EarlyBird Check-Ins per year
- See full card details here:
- Learn more about Southwest credit card offers, or see more airline credit cards.
Citi Adds Choice Privileges as Hotel Transfer Partner
- Citi has added Choice Privileges as a new transfer partner for eligible credit cards. ThankYou points can now be transferred to Choice Privileges, at a rate depending on the card.
- For cards with annual fees, the transfer rate is 1:2 (1 ThankYou point for 2 Choice Privileges points). Cards without annual fees have a transfer rate of 1:1.5.
- Currently, the only available Citi card with an annual fee that earns ThankYou points is the Citi Premier® Card (Review). Citi cards without annual fees that earn ThankYou points include the Citi Rewards+® Card (Review); the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer (Review) earns cash back, but it can be converted to ThankYou points.
- See other travel credit cards.
Amex Adds Capacity Checker for Centurion Lounges
- American Express cardholders with access to Centurion Lounges can now check lounge capacity before spending the time and effort to walk to the lounge.
- According to Doctor of Credit, you can check lounge capacity in the “Find an Airport Lounge” section of the Amex app. You’ll be able to see if the lounge is not busy, a little busy, very busy, or almost full.
- Amex cards that provide complimentary access to Centurion Lounges (among other lounges) include:
- Learn more about Centurion Lounges and see how they get their high-end reputation, or check out other credit cards with airport lounge access.
- Source: Doctor of Credit
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers’ responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.