New Details and Release Date for Capital One Venture X Rewards Card
- The new Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card will be available for applications on November 9, 2021.
- With the Venture X, Capital One is staking a claim in the high-end travel credit card market. Where most Capital One cards come with $0 or modest annual fees and good (but not premium) perks, the Venture X has the highest annual fee of any Capital One card and a nice suite of travel benefits. Some premium travel cards have recently expanded their offers to include more non-travel features, sometimes of questionable value; but it’s not hard to see how the Venture X’s perks support travel and could easily outweigh the annual fee.
- Key features of the Venture X include:
- 10X miles per dollar for Hotels and Rental Cars booked through Capital One Travel
- 5X miles per dollar for Flights booked through Capital One Travel
- 2X miles per dollar for every other purchase
- Up to a $300 annual credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- 10,000 bonus miles every account anniversary (equal to $100 or more towards travel)
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges and Priority Pass lounges internationally
- An application fee credit for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- No foreign transaction fee
- Annual fee: $395
- The Venture X’s main competition includes:
American Express Cardholders Can Get 6 Free Months of MyPanera+ Coffee
- If you’ve got an American Express card, you can get six months of MyPanera+ Coffee for free, just by signing up. MyPanera+ Coffee provides unlimited* Panera coffee, iced coffee, or tea, in any size (*unlimited means one cup every two hours). The subscription is usually $8.99 per month.
- To be eligible for this offer, you must:
- Have a U.S. American Express card
- Be a MyPanera member
- Be at least 18 years old
- Visit this page to redeem the offer.
- Offer expires January 31, 2022.
Discover Releases 5% Cash Back Categories for All of 2022
- Discover has released the upcoming 2022 5% cash back categories for its quarterly reward cards, the Discover it® Cash Back (Review) and Discover it® Student Cash Back (Review).
- The 5% categories for 2022 are:
- January – March: Grocery Stores and Fitness Club and Gym Memberships
- April – June: Gas Stations and Target
- July – September: Restaurants and PayPal
- October – December: Amazon.com and Digital Wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay)
- 5% cash back is limited to $2,500 per quarter; activation is required.
- Learn how to make the most of Discover’s 5% cash back categories.
- Other cards with 5% cash back categories include:
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
Do you have a correction, tip, or suggestion for a new post? Contact us here.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by bank advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by bank advertisers. It is not the bank advertisers’ responsibility to ensure all posts are accurate and/or questions are answered.