Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of affiliate sales networks and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
2022.1 Update: The 150k offer (first year annual fee NOT waived) is back.
2021.11 Update: The offer now is 75k.
2021.7 Update: The new offer is 150k! However, note that the spending requirement is huge.
- 150k offer: earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $5,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, an additional 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $20,000 in total within the first 6 months of account opening. That’s 150,000 bonus miles in total.
- We value UA miles at 1.4 cents (Airline Miles Value). So the 150k highest sign-up bonus is worth about $2,100! See A Beginner’s Guide to UA Miles to check for details about UA Miles.
- Earn 2x UA miles on United, restaurants, gas stations, office supply stores, and local transit and commuting. Earn 1x UA mile per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- [New] Get 5,000 bonus miles each card anniversary when you have both the this card and a personal United credit card.
- Get 2 United Club one-time passes each year.
- First checked bag free on United flights when purchasing tickets (or paying the tax and fees for award tickets) with this card..
- Group 2 boarding on United flights when purchasing tickets (or paying the tax and fees for award tickets) with this card.
- [New] Earn $100 annual United travel credit after 7 United flight purchases over $100.
- [New] Earn 25% back on in flight purchases.
- Get 25% bonus miles on MileagePlus X purchases.
- More award availability (XN cabin) with this card.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Annual fee $99, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- You are not eligible for this sign-up bonus if you received a sign-up bonus on this card within 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you opened or closed the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
This card is almost identical to the personal version Chase UA Explorer card. It is a different product, therefore you can apply for both and get both sign-up bonuses. The sign-up bonus is very decent, so it’s worth applying.
Related Credit Cards
- Call 800-436-7927 to check Chase application status. This is an automated telephone line, and the information has the following meanings: Receive decision in 2 weeks means your application is probably approved; Receive decision in 7-10 days means your application is probably rejected; Receive decision in 30 days simply means your application requires further review and there’s nothing to tell you for now.
- Chase reconsideration backdoor number: 888-270-2127 or 888-609-7805. Call it if you didn’t get approve immediately. Your personal information will be acquired and they will then review it. You seldom answer questions, instead, just enjoy the music and then you get approved or rejected, or further information is needed to be hand in to the branch or faxed.
Historical Offers Chart