Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of affiliate sales networks and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
2022.6 Update: The new offer is 30k.
2022.1 Update: The new offer is 20k.
2021.10 Update: The offer is now only 15k.
2021.3 Update: The new offer is 30k.
- 30k offer: earn 30,000 United miles after spending $1,000 in 3 months. This is the best offer on this card.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on United Airlines purchases, at gas stations and on local transit and commuting.
- Get 25% bonus miles on MileagePlus X purchases. (You don’t have to use this card to make the purchase; instead, you will get the bonus as long as you have this card under your UA account.)
- More award availability (XN cabin) with this card.
- Earn 25% back on in flight purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- There’s no free checked bag, priority boarding etc. benefits.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- You are not eligible for this sign-up bonus if you received a sign-up bonus on this card within 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you opened or closed the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
This card is suitable downgrade option for Chase United Explorer or Chase United Club. We do not recommend to apply for it directly because the 5/24 slots are very valuable. Since holding this card gives you the ability to see expanded award availability (XN cabin), it is worth keeping in the drawer.
Related Credit Cards
|Chase UA Gateway||Chase UA Explorer||Chase UA Explorer Business||Chase UA Quest||Chase UA Club||Chase UA Club Business|
|Various Credits||–||–||–||$125 annual United purchase credit; Two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits||–||–|
|Sign-up Bonus||20k||70k with first year AF waived||75k with first year AF waived||90k||120k||75k|
Historical Offers Chart