Walmart+ Members Can Now Save 10¢/Gal on Gas
Gas prices have skyrocketed in recent months, so Walmart is making it easier for its premium members to save at the pump. Starting today, Walmart+ members can take advantage of gas savings of up to 10 cents per gallon at thousands of gas stations, including Exxon and Mobil.
If you fill up your car with 15 gallons, for example, you’ll save $1.50 with this Walmart+ discount. Also make sure you use one of the best credit cards for gas purchases, such as the Abound Credit Union Platinum Visa or Cardless New Orleans Pelicans card.
Until now the discount was capped at 5 cents per gallon and only included Walmart, Sam’s Club and Murphy gas stations. With the addition of Exxon and Mobil gas stations, members will have an additional 12,000 locations to choose from.
Walmart launched its Walmart+ membership in 2020. It offers several other perks such as unlimited free delivery and a Scan & Go feature for in-store shopping. Walmart+ costs $98 a year, or $12.95 per month, but it’s free for Amex Platinum cardholders.
How to Use Discount at Exxon/Mobil
- Find your nearest Exxon or Mobil station with the fuel station map.
- Sign into your Walmart+ account in the Walmart app. Make sure your location services are turned on.
- Once you arrive at an Exxon or Mobil fuel station, you’ll get a popup asking if you’re ready to fuel.
- Enter your fuel pump number, select your grade, & begin fueling. (Alternatively, select “Services” at the bottom of the screen & tap “Member prices on fuel” to launch the QR code scanner. Scan the QR code that appears on the pump screen & select your grade.)
- Then, just begin fueling. You’ll get a printed receipt when you’re finished.
If you’re paying for the premium membership, or even if you have it for free, then definitely take advantage of these Walmart+ gas savings options. If you drive a lot, this can easily translate to about $100 in savings per year. Check out more deals for gas savings here.